Producers of packaging
Producers of packaging are obliged to ensure
- if they decide to mark the packaging, mark the packaging with information about the material composition of the packaging; information about management of the packaging may also be indicated;
- marking of packaging as packaging subject to a deposit, when placing on the market goods in packaging subject to a deposit, except where the deposit amount is EUR 0;
- that the marking under (a) and (b) is visible and easily legible and adequately resistant even after the packaging has been opened;
- collection, transport, recovery and recycling of waste originating from packaging placed on the market or distributed by them, to the full extent or at least to the extent of the binding limits for recovery and recycling;
- collection, transport, recovery and recycling of packaging waste which is part of separately collected components of municipal waste, to the full extent, at least to the level of their collection share;
- providing information to consumers about the management of waste collection from packaging.
Producers of packaging who provide light plastic bags for shopping are obliged to
- provide them for consideration; such obligation does not apply to the provision of very light plastic bags;
- provide also other types of bags.
Producers of non-packaging products
Producers of non-packaging products comply with specific obligations laid down in this Act only collectively, on the basis of a contract entered into with a producer responsibility organization for packaging which provides a collective packaging waste management system.
Producers of non-packaging products are obliged to ensure
- collection, transport, recovery, recycling and disposal of waste from non-packaging products that they have placed on the market and which are part of separately collected components of municipal waste, to the full extent, at least to the level of their collection share;
- providing information to end-users about the management of waste collection from non-packaging products which are a part municipal waste.
Unless a producer of non-packaging products can demonstrate that the non-packaging products that he or she has placed on the market will not form part of municipal waste after consumption, this waste shall be considered as part of municipal waste.