Producers are obliged to be registered with the Ministry of the Environment of the Slovak Republic in general, with the Register of Producers of Batteries and Accumulators in particular before placing BA on the market.
Concurrently they must comply with obligations:
In placing on the market
- register with the Recycling Fund
- ensure that all batteries, accumulators and battery packs are appropriately marked with the graphic symbol of a crossed-out waste bin and also with the chemical symbol for the contained metal (mercury, cadmium or lead)
- meet the toleranced quantities of heavy metals in batteries and accumulators placed on the market
- provide information for end-users and processors
- keep records and report data to the competent authorities and to the Recycling Fund
In ensuring take-back and separate collection
- ensure and finance take-back, separate collection and treatment of all arose portable batteries and accumulators
- meet limits for collection of waste portable batteries and accumulators (year 2014 – 35 %, year 2015 – 40 %, year 2016 – 45 %)
- ensure taking of all arose waste portable batteries and accumulators over regardless of stipulated limits for collection
- keep records and report data to the competent authorities and to the Recycling Fund in required intervals
Through its compliance scheme, ASEKOL SK provides for compliance with all of batteries and accumulator producers’ take-back and separate collection obligations.