Obligations of a packaging distributor
(1) A packaging distributor distributing any goods in deposit-refundable packaging shall apply
the deposit-refund system to such packaging while respecting the determined deposit amounts
[Section 105 para. 3(m)].
(2) A packaging distributor distributing any goods in deposit-refundable reusable packaging is obliged to collect deposit-refundable reusable packaging of the same kind and the same type distributed by it, without any quantitative limitation and without conditioning such collection upon the purchase of goods, and to refund the deposit in full; this shall also apply in the event the distributor ceases to use any previously deposit-refundable packaging, for at least six months from the date of publication of the notice under paragraph 5. When fulfilling the obligations under the first sentence, the packaging distributor shall proceed so as to ensure a sufficient number of collection points and the availability thereof, corresponding to the number of points of sale of the packaged goods.
(3) A packaging distributor distributing any goods in deposit-refundable reusable packaging by their sale to consumers in an establishment is obliged to ensure the collection of packaging pursuant to paragraph 2 in this establishment, throughout the opening hours, and to inform consumers in an appropriate manner about the deposit amounts for each type of deposit-refundable reusable packaging and about any changes in the types of deposit-refundable reusable packaging. The refund of the deposit to the consumer upon the return of deposit-refundable packaging shall be guaranteed and the consumer is not obliged to provide any proof of payment of the deposit when returning the deposit-refundable beverage packaging.
(4) A packaging distributor distributing any goods in deposit-refundable reusable packaging
other than by their sale to consumers is obliged to inform other packaging distributors
distributing goods in such packaging about any planned change in the type of deposit-refundable reusable packaging at least three months prior to implementing such change.
(5) If a packaging distributor distributing any goods in deposit-refundable beverage packaging ceases
to use the previously deposit-refundable packaging, the distributor is obliged to immediately
publish this fact in an appropriate manner, in particular in the media and by means of a notice
directly in the store. The notice must be published throughout the period of collection of such packaging.
(6) A packaging distributor distributing any goods in deposit-refundable reusable packaging is obliged to ensure the return of the reusable packaging collected to the producer or distributor of packaging that charged the deposit.
(7) A packaging distributor distributing any beverages in other than reusable packaging by their sale to consumers is obliged, at the point of sale thereof, to also distribute beverages of the same type in reusable packaging, if such beverages are marketed in the Slovak Republic in reusable packaging. This obligation shall not apply to a packaging distributor distributing these beverages in a sales area of less than 200 m2.
(8) If a packaging distributor supplies directly to end users any packaging that is produced by producers of packaging not registered with the Register of Producers of Specified Products, the obligations of a packaging producer under this Act in relation to this packaging and the waste therefrom shall be transferred to the distributor.
(9) For the purposes of fulfilling the obligations under paragraph 8, a packaging producer is obliged, based on a written request, to provide the packaging distributor, ensuring the fulfilment of obligations under paragraph 8 for this producer, with the data under Section 2 para. 4(h).
(10) A packaging distributor that ensured the export of reusable packaging outside the territory of the Slovak Republic or its withdrawal from reuse is obliged to immediately notify thereof the packaging producer that placed this packaging on the market or for distribution, provided that the
identification details of the packaging producer can be found on such packaging.