AN AMENDMENT TO THE ACT ON WASTE HAS ENTERED INTO FORCE
28. 10. 2020
Approved by the National Council of the Slovak Republic on September 24, 2020, Amendment No. 285/2020 to the Act on Waste No. 79/2015 entered into force on October 14, 2020.
The most important changes contained in the Amendment to the Act:
- The statutory minimum duration of a contract concluded between a producer responsibility organisation (PRO) and a producer is two years.
Changes concerning producers of packaging and non-packaging products:
- Minimum PRO fees have been introduced for collection companies.
- Contracts between producers and PROs have to be concluded by November 20, 2020; starting from 2021, contracts will have to be concluded by October 31.
- The so-called eco-modulations of prices for producers have been postponed.
- Deposits for selected disposable plastic bottles and cans will begin being collected on January 1, 2022.